Q-School for 2019 in GC Paderborner Land
Pro Golf Tour Qualifying School
On October 11th and 12th members of the Pro Golf Tour and all newcomers will have the chance to earn a category for the 2019 Pro Golf Tour season. In GC Paderborner Land in Salzkotten in Germany there are two rounds of strokeplay scheduled in order to earn starting rights at the tournaments of the upcoming season.
Salzkotten/Germany - Full booked fields, attractive tournaments: If you want to be sure that you will be able to compete in all tournaments of the Pro Golf Tour in the 2019 season, you have to secure a good category. For this purpose, the Pro Golf Tour organizes a two-day qualifying school at Golf Club Paderborner Land in Salzkotten/Germany in October 2018 .
On 11th and 12th October 2018, up to 96 players will go to the tee to secure themselves playing rights in one of the 90 categories to be awarded. But be careful when scheduling: If there are more than 96 entries for the Q-School tournament, which is very likely to happen, a prequalification will be played on October 9th and 10th. Each player completes a counting game round on one of the two days; the top 48 of each qualifying round then have the right to play the first Q-School round for the 2019 season on October 11th.
At the 2018 Qualifying School for the 2019 season professionals and amateurs with a handicap of -3.4 or better can participate. Players who finish in Categories 1, 2, 3 or 4 on the 2018 Pro Golf Tour are not eligible.
Further important notes:
- Registration for the Pro Golf Tour Qualifying School 2018 is only possible via the Pro Golf Tour homepage
- The official training day is October 10, 2018. If a prequalification is played on October 9th and 10th, then October 8th is the official training day
- In case of more than 96 registrations the Pro Golf Tour Qualifying School 2018 will be preceded by an 18-hole prequalification on October 9th and 10th. The fields of these prequalification rounds will be determined by lottery
- The top 48 players in each of the two qualifying rounds will continue to play the first round of the Pro Golf Tour Qualifying School 2018 on October 10th
- Registration deadline for the Pro Golf Tour Qualifying School 2018 is on September 28, 2018 (12:00 pm)
- Qualifying School results do not count for the Pro Golf Tour Order of Merit
- Overall, a prize money of 3000 euros will be distributed at the Qualifying School
The categories of the Pro Golf Tour 2019
• CAT 1 - winner of a Pro Golf Tour tournament in the 2018 season
• CAT 2 - TOP 30 of the final Pro Golf Tour Ranking 2018
• CAT 3 - TOP 5 of the Pro Golf Tour Ranking 2019 & PGT Tournament Winner 2019
• CAT 4 - TOP 5 of the final Pro Golf Tour rankings in 2012 - 2017
• CAT 5 - TOP 20 of the Qualifying School 2018
• CAT 6 - 10 invitations to the Pro Golf Tour
• KAT 7 - Players in positions 31-65 of the final Pro Golf Tour Ranking 2018
• KAT 8 players in positions 21 - 60 Qualifying School 2018
• KAT 9 players on positions 66 - 90 of the final Pro Golf Tour Ranking 2018
• KAT 10 - players in positions 61 - 90 of Qualifying School 2018
A player can only be represented in one category. In case a player has two categories, the higher / better automatically counts.